Resources: This page provides useful information such as Shipping Procedures to Port-au-Prince, Haiti., rate tariffs, and/or any other documents pertinent to shipping with Chatelain Cargo Services.
Shipping Procedures To Port-Au-Prince, Haiti, Revised: 01/05/2015:
1. Advise Shippers and Online Purchases using the remark section that your cargo is for EXPORT, this will automatically advise them to send the necessary documentation along with your purchases to us. Documents needed for Export are: Commercial Invoice, dated, and with a invoice number, Consignee full information, name, address and telephone number, Packing List, and MSDS if your cargo is hazardous. Hazardous Cargo requires an MSDS and or IMO to be sent along with your cargo, we can obtain same at an additional cost to you. Keep in mind that Spa products, nail enamel, oils, hair creams, automobile oils, certain building supplies, paints, thinners, adhesives are all considered Hazardous Cargo and must arrive with a MSDS. If you are not sure if your cargo is hazardous, contact us prior to purchase, or simply ask your shipper to send the MSDS for each item.
2. Delivery Address to state: Your name/Consignee Name, 7700 NW 79 PL REAR DOORS 16-18 CCS, MEDLEY, FL 33166, USA
**Full Truck Load Deliveries must be scheduled prior to arrival Call: 305-552-5212 ** FOR THE FIRST AVAILABLE REPRESENTATIVE**
3. If you are shipping to a Franchise, you must first confirm with the CCS, S.A., Haiti Office that the franchise is active; contact Email:firstname.lastname@example.org and copy Alexandrine Nelson, General Manager Email: email@example.com
4. If you are shipping to a Business in Haiti, the business must have an active Quitas (Corporate Taxes Paid)
5. If you are shipping to an Individual, the individual must have a Matricul Fiscal ( Haitian ID) and a Valid Haitian Driver license with a NIF number (our equivalent to a Social Security)
The Government of Haiti has contracted a 3rd party to inspect and validate commercial invoices for the purpose of charging Import Duties. If your cargo is over $3000.00 to $4999.00 we are required prior to shipping, to send copies of your commercial invoices to SGS and obtain what is called a DPI Controle Documentaire and send via email all shipping documents and commercial invoice, which will be verified with the shipper directly. If your shipment goes over $4999.00 your cargo must be inspected at the shippers location, or at our warehouse, prior to shipping, same DPI Controle Complete (physical inspection required) is obtained from Haiti SGS. We schedule the inspection and prepare your cargo, labeled for inspection, for free of charge.
CLEARANCE IN PORT-AU-PRINCE, HAITI:
When you cargo sails, you will receive from us an “Arrival Notice” which will include copies of all shipping documents, warehouse receipts, bill of lading, commercial invoice, packing slip, MSDS and IMO if required. The Arrival Notice is sent to CCS S.A. Haiti destination office to begin clearance formalities. For clearance status, please contact: